I found this recently on Facebook (Is that a bad way to start a blog? I feel like that’s the perfect set up for a bad idea) something called the 30 Day Photo Challenge. A couple months ago I tried, and failed, to complete a daily post challenge. I liked this idea not only because of its short term commitment, but because it involves telling a story through photos and words. Also, it also seemed like a good way to introduce myself to those who have been reading and wanted to know a little more about the person behind the writing. 🙂 So here we go…
Day 1: A picture of yourself with ten facts
1) I’m the fantasy nerd that no one seems to suspect. I’ve lost count of the gaping jaws I’ve seen after gushing about Lord of the Rings, Drizzt Do’Urden or the fact that I have a poster as tall as me of Link from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time hanging in my bedroom.
2) I’m a workaholic. I take on more projects than my sanity should allow, making a true day off rare and far in between.
3) One of my earliest memories is sitting in my Daddy’s shag lined guitar case listening to him finger pick folk and blues, and sing along when he humored me with songs like “Puff the Magic Dragon” and Peter, Paul and Mary’s “The Marvelous Toy”. Since then music has always been an integral part of my life. I listen to every genre, and love above all a song that is sung with emboldened passion and soulful earnest. Sing your guts out, and you’ll forever have my ears and attention.
4) I have an embarrassing and ridiculous phobia called “automatonophobia”. I run from things like the Easter Bunny, Scooby Doo and mascots. Wax figures, Santa Claus and masks creep me out, and animatronics will make me shake in my boots. If someone in full costume (IE: guerilla suit) touches me, I will burst into tears. In all of my fear though, I do find the whole thing pretty hilarious.
5) I’m extremely moved by people’s stories, and love every opportunity to hear someone share their wisdom, trials and experiences. I have a firmly rooted belief that each and every one of us are more significant than we give ourselves credit for.
6) I have a deep interest in the wisdom imparted by Native American chiefs and elders. Although I realize they too are only human, and that much of history is romanticized, I’ve taken to heart much of the wisdom imparted from the lips of these people.
7) My mannerisms are pretty animated. I talk with my hands, get excited easily and my face is about as readable as a children’s book. That said, I’m a terrible liar. You’ll read the truth on my face every time.
8 ) When it comes to art, Adele Lorienne has been my greatest inspiration. She was the reason I started drawing my characters and illustrating their stories in the first place.
9) I have a rescued husky that makes my life incredibly brighter. His name is Chuck.
10) I use an excessive amount of smileys in my email and text correspondence.